[lcc4hl] FW: Local Foods Local Places Meeting Date

  • From: Lundy Kiger <lundy.kiger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcc4hl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lcc4hl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:40:35 +0000

We will add the discussion below to our meeting tomorrow. Lundy

During our last coalition meeting we discussed an application for technical
assistance for Local Foods, Local Places which helps communities create
walkable, healthy, economically vibrant neighborhoods through the development
of local food systems. http://www2.epa.gov/smartgrowth/local-foods-local-places

To participate in this coalition workgroup, please follow the doodle link
(http://doodle.com/zbg83b3r4ipbavbw) and indicate what days and times you are
available to meet together. Please make sure to note ALL of the days and
times. Majority rules on meeting time.

The application process is easy but we must address:

* What challenges does your community face around downtown or neighborhood
revitalization?
* What actions has your community taken so far to overcome these challenges?
* How do you propose to use local foods as a strategy to help address some
of these challenges?
* How would technical assistance through Local Foods, Local Places help you
achieve your goals?
* What other partners will be involved in planning and implementing your
action plan, such as public agencies and institutions, nongovernmental
organizations, foundations, businesses, and farmers? Will local elected
officials be supportive?
* What commitments can you make to implement the action plan that our
technical assistance team will help you develop?
See you at our meeting.

Juli M. Montgomery, MPH
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Regional Turning Point Consultant
Haskell, Latimer, Leflore, McIntosh, Pittsburg & Pontotoc
1400 East College Avenue
McAlester, OK 74501
julim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:julim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cell: 918-424-8146