[lbc-instructors] Welcome to the Lions Blind Center-Instructors List

  • From: raquel_gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: lbc-instructors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:48:03 -0400 (EDT)

Welcome to the LBC-Instructors List.  This list serves as a forum for
instructors teaching Assistive Technology at the Lions Blind Center,
Oakland, and provides an easy-to-use  means of communicating with one
another about questions, concerns, procedural changes, and other relevant
information pertaining to the occupants of the LBC Computer Lab.  This
list welcomes your feedback;  please try to keep messages on-topic.  The
LBC-Instructors List is a closed list and is not available to individuals
other than those currently teaching Assistive Technology to clients of the
LBC.  I hope you will all continue to offer your feedback and suggestions,
I can't guarantee that we will be able to implement everything all at
once, but some of you have had some wonderful ideas which I am at liberty
to carry back to our administrators, and I hope this trend will continue.
Always remember that we are here to foster greater independence and
productivity among other members of the community who are blind, and this
is our ultimate goal, regardless of the creative means we must all employ
at times to make that happen.  We have an excellent program, but perhaps
we can make it even better, and improve the experience for clients and
teachers alike in the process.  Please keep your good ideas coming!  You
can email me privately if you have something to say and wish to remain
anonymous, or you are welcome to simply post to the list for further
discussion.  Please remain courteous and observe proper etiquette toward
one another.  We want to make this process as easy for everybody and as
useful as possible while we strive to continually improve on this
fantastic program.

Thank you.

Raquel Gomez
Computer and Assistive Technology Services Coordinator
Lions Blind Center, Oakland
3834 Opal Street
Oakland, CA 94609-2625
Phone: (510) 450-1580