[lanse] Re: woop my new toy!

  • From: "Chris Green" <lantime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:35:34 +0100

Hi Jason

> That would be telling!

Ah go on! Go on, go on, go on, go on!

> Around the ?900 mark

=A3900 - I take it it=92s a managed switch (couldn't tell for sure from =
the
crappy write-up on the 3Com web site)? If so then that is a very good
price indeed?

> Yes, the network is much simpler. The new switch will allow disable
> file-sharing which we'll have to have a discussion on. . .

Indeed, there is much to discuss with regard to the network, servers,
file sharing and the general infrastructure of things. With a bit of
luck there will be time for a natter during the table-making and
painting fest.

Chris
'Currently eyeing up a 32-port 10/100 unmanaged switch on Scan's Today
Only'