[lanse] Re: Wireless networking

  • From: Jason Halls <jason.halls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'list@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:45:54 +0100

As an alternative . . . (you need a friend for this)

I read somewhere about running your own mini network over BT lines. . . =

All you had to do was rent a "dry line" from BT (=A315.00 per month =
ish)
between 2 buildings, stick an adsl modem on either end, configure it =
and
away you go.

I think there may be some limitations with distance. . But not too =
sure.

(going to find out where I found this now)

Jason