[lanse] Re: Wireless networking

  • From: "Chris W" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:46:05 +0100

Mike

There must be some downconversion being done in the 'aerial' then I guess as
getting anything over about 500MHz down RG58 is like getting a piano down a
flight of stairs, especially with the cable lengths needed to get from a
roof aerial to a internal reciever.  Plus I seem to remember it goes through
BNC plugs which are crap at high frequency aswell.

I heard it was up on 3GHz somewhere - do you know the exact freq?

Pity I don't know anyone in the technical department who might lend me a
setup for a few weeks - I'm sure that aerial must be crap and could be
modified into a dish type affair.  Guess you don't have any technical info
about the system do you?

Chris

----

Next LAN-Speed Event - 26-28th April.  www.LAN-Speed.co.uk