[lanse] Re: Wireless networking

  • From: "Chris W" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:42:31 +0100

Mike

I had tele2 come and do a line of sight test but they reckoned they couldn't
get a signal.  I'm on the limit of the Uxbridge transmitter (it's on
Hillingdon hospital apparently) plus I live in a bungalow and am surrounded
by trees.  Not the best situation for tele2 really.  Kind of dissapointing
as they were my last chance for getting broadband in the near future.

I'd be interested in the equipment they use for tele2 - ie things like what
frequency it's on.  It occured to me I might be able to use a yagi or even a
dish to get a better signal.  Doubt tele2 would let me have one of their
speedboxes to play with though.

Do you know if there is reciever electronics in the 'aerial'?  That speedbox
thing looked pretty small when I saw it.  Any idea what frequency they are
on?  Any other kit that can use that frequency?

Soz for all the questions.  Feel free to reply to me off-list if you
prefer - I'm on chris@xxxxxxxxxx

Cheers

Chris