[lanse] URGENT !!!! Everyone with UNIX / LINUX experience

  • From: "James Elliott" <jamie.elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:33:32 +0100

To all the above peeps:

I have got a telephone interview this afternoon at 16:00 for the
position of 'UNIX/NT Hosting System Administrator' with an ISP company
called NicNames (http://www.nicnames.co.uk <http://www.nicnames.co.uk/>
)

Stupid question but how difficult is UNIX / LINUX administration, I have
the NT side down to a 'T' but I'm slightly unconfident about my ability
in UNIX.

I'm completely aware that you don't learn anything without doing it, and
I have MANY Linux books for administrators which I have started to read
already.  I wonder if I might ask you UNIX / LINUX guru's a favour
though.  Can anyone give me a few pointers for things to drop in the
interview that might impress or at least make it sound like I know what
I'm on about.  Just so I can get through the interview to the 2nd one.

ANY help would be appreciated guy's, I need this job.

Jamie Elliott ( <http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcp/default.asp>
MCP)

Tel    : 07880 837565
Email :  <mailto:jamie.elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> jamie.elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxx