[lanse] Re: SoF2 Demo Tonight (and ADSL to other areas)

  • From: "ChrisW @ LAN-Speed" <lan-chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:16:02 +0100 (BST)

No problem Mike.  Happy to stick the record on my server and, although I
can't give you direct access, just email me and I'll put whatever records
u want in - A, CNAME, MX etc.

On an earlier point - someone mentioned it was possible to get a circuit
from BT between houses and that it may be possible to put your own ADSL
modem on each end and use it as a data line.  According to an ex-BT
engineer at work (BBC) you'd need a 'CNR' line (Control No-Ringer) and you
need to make sure it's un-loaded (although apparently thats not an issue
below about 5-6 miles path length.  You'd also need to use a DSL modem (ie
not *A*DSL) otherwise you'd be getting a 256k uplink to talk to a 512k
downlink.  With DSL its symetrical so it should work (although I'd try it
first before buy the BT circuit)  Worth thinking about but I guess it
depends what BT are going to charge!

Now then - anyone near Denham want to share an ADSL line?? ;)

Chris