[lanse] Re: Okay two things

  • From: "Michael Knowles" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:55:35 +0100

Jamie,

Sorry to hear of your eyesight problems.  I have experienced a similar issue
albeit earlier in time, with IBM PC Convertible screens (one of the first
ever laptops, with a B&W non-backlit, non-supertwist, CGA LCD) which
resulted in me having to wear glasses.

As regards H&S and certain issues like that, an employer has 2 current legal
responsibilities (which may not be retrospectively applied).  The first is
an annual eye test, paid for by the company.  The second relates to the
working environment, and sets out specific minimum seating and desk
requirements for work (I have no further details of this i'm afraid).

However, I cannot speculate as to whether you do or don't have any right to
any compensation as I don't know your specific details (and I would not like
to comment lest someone try and sue me!)

Cheers,
Mike.