[lanse] Re: Oh Cool

  • From: "kerr michie" <kerr.michie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:45:53 +0100

oh oh oh !!!!!

Hercules Radeon 8500 LE 64MB DDR (AGP) - OEM (GX-007-HE)
This is the same chipset as the much acclaimed ATI Radeon 8500 above, but
clocked at the lower speed of 250MHz core and 500MHz DDR-SDRAM. For those
looking for a bargain this is certainly worth looking at - often capable of
being overclocked to the speed of the full ATI Retail product at a much lower
price.

Check this review at X-bit Labs for a full comparitive review of the ATI Radeon
8500 and 8500LE
Featuring :
» TRUFORM™
» SMARTSHADER™
» Dual Display Support
» Emboss, Dot Product 3 and Environment bump mapping
» Spherical, Dual-Paraboloid and Cubic environment mapping
» Fog effects, texture lighting, video textures, reflections, shadows,
spotlights, LOD biasing and texture morphing
» 250MHz core and 500MHz DDR-SDRAM
and much more besides.