[lanse] Re: Intranet fileplanet script

  • From: "kerr michie" <kerr.michie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:08:05 +0100

Ive been to some lans where the fileserver is one of the games =
machines:(
Its important to use a seperate dedicated machine for this stuff. If you =
use linux it doesnt really need to be amazingly powerful either. Thw =
lanse webbox is a 300Mhz with only 64M ram.
The networkcardbandwidth runs ot of steam long before the cpu/disk io.  =
I may try dual cards next time.
Anyone know how to configure apache to load balance 2 cards ?