[lanse] Re: Help! problems with soltek SL-75DRV5 & radion 8500le

  • From: "Michael Knowles" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:26:55 +0100

Sounds like there may be a conflict which is enabling the VESA power-save
state of the monitor.

- Can you try a different monitor?  Does it turn off with monitors that
don't have power-saving abilities?  (some early Dell monitors used to be
able to have power-save switchable on the rear)

- Have you tried updated video drivers?  It could be a strange external
event that's triggering the card to think it's supposed to be in power-save
mode?

- Have you set the refresh rate too high?

???