[lanse] Re: Best OS for gaming

  • From: "Kerr" <kerr.michie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lanse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:57:09 +0100

It depends really on the hardware on the machines.
Run the XP checking util and read up on issues related to the Hardware on
the machines for each os.
For example Voodoo5s have serious issues with XP.
2000 is suposed to be slower than xp or 98se for actuall gaming, I prob
sacrfice a little performace for haveing a better featured os.
XP would be the the best choice if your hardware is well suported. Ive
installed Xp on a few machines now and found very few issues.
win98se is supposed to be the fastest os for games (for the moment) but it
certianly is less forgiving understress.
Ive over come compatiblity issues with xp pretty easily (motorhead springs
to mind) so i dont think compatiblity with games is an issue.

I have to say , i thought i had to much pc crap but youve seriusly out done
me!
When we talk about needing bigger boats...youve got a fleet! :)

kerr