[lanse] Re: A Little help needed :)

  • From: "Kerr" <kerr.michie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:48:45 +0100

Kahn, i think is a definate good idea to have some guide like this. Im sure
questions like that which this doc would answer are asked all the time at
lans.

I suggest you dumb down some of it, particular the subnetting. Stick to
standard 255.255.255.0 subnets and very quickly mention subnets can be more
complex with a link to some rfc doc for those interested.
You must mention ports and how they relate to aplications.
DHCP
non routable addresses
UDP
also touch on VLANS as these are now popular at very large lan parties

how about doing it in an FAQ style and incorporating it into a larger "lan
party" FAQ ?
Im very willing to contribute! As im sure many in this list would be

kerr