[LandXML] Re: Template of cross section

  • From: koichi aritomi <aritomi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nathan.crews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:13:03 +0900

Dear Nathan.

Thank you for your advice.

I checked The <GradeModel>  road  definition.
Then, I found that it has many classes and hierarchy.

-<GradeModel>
 -<GradeSurface>
    <start>
    -<Zones>
      -<Zone>
        -<ZoneSlope>
           startVertType,endVertType, startVertValue, endVertValue

I tried to design a road for the study with LDD3,and I designed the slope
like next.

LDD3 Slope Input parameter =1.8, it means 1 in 1.8 .
LandXML GradeModel output parameter startVertValue = 55.5555556,as slope of
startVertType. It means about 55%.

They are same value with different expression, but, not exactly.
If the existing ground has changed when we get starting job at the site, we
have to change the road design quickly with the parameter exactly.

It seems to be a little problem for designer. But sometime in site, it
becomes a serious mistake for foreman and supervisor.

I am considering that the design parameter should be the same expression in
landXML exactly. And it should have kept the same parameter through all
section of the alignment that has same design.

I am afraid that sometime it is difficult to understanding what I say.
Because,this is my first email in English.So I am trying to write massege
hard.

Sincerely yours,
Aritomi Koichi

> The <GradeModel> road definition can model the same resultant road as cross
> section templates. In fact, LDD3 service pack exports the <GradeModel> roadway
> definition created from internal design templates.
>
> It will take some explanation as to how this is accomplished.
>
> Nathan Crews
ARITOMI, Koichi,PE,Researcher,IT.Div.
National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management,Japan,zip:305-0804
http://www.nilim.go.jp/lab/qbg/eindex.htm