[LandXML] Re: Proposed attribute for surface faces

  • From: Gordan Vosicki <gordan.vosicki@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nathan.crews@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:54:24 +0100

Hi Nathan and Hugh,

Sounds good to me, we already use such data in triangles.
An implied value of zero for the "b" attribute (i.e. make it optional) would even reduce the data size overhead.

Best regards,

Gordan Vosicki

Nathan Crews a écrit :

Hi Hugh,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have discussed the proposal and it would allow us to communicate better surface data with some processing hints.

By using the new TIN face attribute, the importing application would know which faces cross or lie on breaklines.

This is very useful information so we can add this last request to LandXML-1.2 prior to finalizing that version. I will let everyone know when the revised draft is posted.

Regards,

Nathan Crews