[LandXML] Re: LandXML and usage of <Feature> by each vendor

  • From: "Hugh Dixon" <hugh.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:26:18 +1100

I agree completely about the size of this matrix/web.

However given the urgency with which I would like this addressed, and
the lack of time that Nathan has to deal with getting a centralised
solution going, I am wondering if each vendor could be encouraged to
author a document, and place it on their web site.  (As Nathan said the
LandXML website has links to these.)
This is information that would need to be prepared by the vendors for
the LandXML website, it just wouldn't be as easy to find.

The next question is of course what information would be in the
documents, and what format would it be in? (Assuming it is
standardized...)

Is it just a table of LandXML elements, the supported features, and a
brief description of what/how that feature is used?  Maybe one for
import and another for export?

Any comments from anyone?

Hugh Dixon

--snip--