[LandXML] Re: LandXML and usage of <Feature> by each vendor

  • From: "Alan Gray" <alan.gray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:49:03 +1100

Hi all,

Certainly direct communication can help, but the matrix of all vendors having
to talk to each other is only going to get larger, and once customers become
skilled at manipulating XML files, the matrix will beyond control. It is in
each vendors interest to supply good information about their Feature data. This
will reduce the number of support queries they need to take directly. I am
pretty sure I would not want to take 100's of email questions from users about
a Feature element, when 1 document on landxml.org supplied by me spells it all
out. So having documented the intent of the usage for the Feature data is
pretty important.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Gray