[LandXML] Re: LandXML - Bentley/In Roads to Land Desktop 2006

  • From: "Nathan Crews" <nathan.crews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Richard.Bradshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ericx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <stwomey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Mike.Cavanaugh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:21:05 -0500

Hi Sean,

The core of the problem lies with XML parsers and is not specific to LandXML,
Bentley or Autodesk code.

The problem and it is related to extra carriage return characters and spaces in
the TIN face data.

Typically LandXML apps use the following syntax:

          <F>2785 2784 1616</F>

Inroads uses a more human readable syntax:

          <F>
              2785 2784 1616
          </F>

While this is perfectly valid XML syntax, depending on the XML parser being
used by the application, the extra character causes an error reading the 3
numeric values.

I will send you a corrected LandXMLImport.dvb later today that will fix the
problem.

Regards,

Nathan