[LandXML] LandXML - Bentley/In Roads

  • From: "Hugh Dixon" <hugh.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:22:56 +1100

Hi,
Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I cannot think where else to post!

We are trying to create a LandXML file to be imported into the Bentley
Inroads product.  We have tried a couple of different LandXML
interpretations, but each time the user gets a message saying
"Microstation Problem Notification.  MicroStation has detected a problem
and logged it to ...exception.log ...."  The user is not able to find
this file.
We suspect the problem lies in the <PlanFeatures> element.  In each case
the xml file is ANSI, not unicode.
The user has downloaded sample files from landxml.org, and is able to
import these without trouble.

Could someone please contact me (either on or off list) with some
information about how inroads interprets LandXML files, and what could
be causing this problem.  I do not have any information about what
version of Microstation/Inroads the client is using.

Thanks,

--
Hugh Dixon
www.liscad.com