[LandXML] LandXML 2.0 Data Schema Plan

  • From: nathan.crews@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:06:57 -0700

  I am pleased to announce the LandXML 2.0 schema plan and begin work on this
major update.

Here are the high level items we have to start with and, as always, all
feedback is very welcome:

1. Update LandXML 2.0 schema based on current standards: XML 1.1, XML Schema
1.1, XML Namspaces 1.1 and xpath 2.0.
2. Engage OGC and TransXML to improve adjacent standards interoperability for
GIS and business process data flow.
3. Incorporate 3D Road model improvements from worldwide input.
4. Enhance 3D/volumetric parcel support.
5. Enhance data model to better suite intelligent construction data flow.
6. Add flexible road template definitions.
7. Define a mimetype for compressed (zipped) LandXML files.
 8. Other additions/changes as needed.

Best Regards,

Nathan Crews
www.LandXML.org