[LandXML] Enumerated Type List Order in LandXML 1.1 & 1.2

  • From: "Tim Telcik" <Tim.Telcik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:00:07 +0800

Distinguished LandXML Members,

I have two suggestions for the LandXML 1.2 schema, while it is still in draft
form :

1/ Alphabetically sort the Enumerated Type definitions in the LandXML 1.1 and
1.2 schema files (*.xsd) ?

Some of these enumerated type element represent jurisdictional data.

While it is quite easy to navigate these definitions with an XML editor, such
as XmlSpy, it becomes a little more awkward (and annoying) to find them inside
a text editor as they are only partially sorted.

For example, "dataFormatType" is listed before "connectionType", which is
listed before "addressType".

I will volunteer to sort this portion of the schema file and resubmit to the
schema maintainer.

2/ Add "annotation" elements to all enumerated types and other elements of
significance.

The missing "annotation" text could be delegated to the original
contributror(s), rather than the schema maintainer.

Comments ? Thoughts ?

Tim

Tim Telcik
Senior Consultant

Ajilon
Level 6, 190 St. Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Telephone +61 8 9324 8400
Mobile +61 403 855 692
tim.telcik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ajilon.com.au <http://www.ajilon.com.au/>

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged and/or contain
material protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this email, any use, forwarding, printing or
reproduction of it or any attachment, is prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, immediately contact us by return email and then
irretrievably delete it and any attachments. Email sent from or to us may be
monitored for the purposes of quality control, systems administration and legal
compliance. You should check for viruses or other harmful components before
opening or using any attachments to this email.  Our liability is limited by
all applicable laws, and otherwise restricted to re-supplying any affected
attachments. Our Privacy Policy can be viewed at www.ajilon.com.au
<http://www.ajilon.com.au/>