[landsailing] Janaury R/C Landsailing Event - summary

  • From: "Todd Staheli" <staheli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landsailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:30:38 -0800

Dear Sailors,

Our third event of the school year is behind us - we're on a roll!
Did you see those gorgeous red fans? Those are three of the five new fans we
have bought (!) thanks to:

*       The Sailing Foundation
*       Seattle Yacht Club Foundation
*       Youth Maritime Training Association
We appreciate their support!

Mark your calendars for our next indoor event:

Location: Whitman Middle School gymnasium

Date: Saturday, February 4th, 2006

Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (registration opens at 9:45 AM)

Program: "Sailing and Vectors" presented by Roosevelt High School students

Lunch: Pizza

THE RESULTS:

Giant Slalom course:
1st place (37.84 s): Niko Koren (Whitman)
2nd place (38.57 s): Parker Colebrook (Ballard)
3rd place (39.38 s): Sam Hartung (Hale)
4th place (40.25 s): Nick Ohlweiler (Whitman)
5th place (40.75 s): Walter Ceder (Whitman)
Most Improved:
Theotry Olson (AS#1)
Sam Finkle (Roosevelt)

Best Turnout:
1st place tie: 7 students - Roosevelt & Hale
3rd place: 3 students - Whitman
4th place:  2 students - AS#1
5th place: 1 student - Ballard

LET'S DO IT AGAIN FEBRUARY 4TH!

Did you take photos building your boats or at the event? We would like to
post them to our website. Send them to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SPEEDYGO IIT landsailers make great gifts! Spread the word and support
student sailing in the Northwest :-)

Don't be shy - Let us know if you have suggestions or comments about past or
future events....

Todd Staheli

President

Sailing Through School