[lally] 답장: [lally] Re: SPLA

  • From: Kim Chulmin <zzan0905@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lally@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:11:38 +0900 (KST)

Hi! Kumar.

I have a little experience with Computer software.
(Computer Aided Engineering simulation software such
as UG, MSC products, Fluent...)

1. They price based on their list price.
    (R&D, Marketing and other expense)

2. They price in accordnace with competitors.

3. price of perpetual license : annual license
  = 5~10:1

4. Except for the licence fee, additional maintenance
cost you 15% of list price annually.
(However it was very flexible to me)

Thanks
Chulmin
--- kumar pandey <pandeykum@xxxxxxxxx> 보낸사람:

> Remy sure what you said is logical.  The big
> assumptions are the number of
> years and the number of upgrades.

> On 6/7/06, remy <remy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kumar,
> >
> > It would seem that MicroSoft would have this
> information based on the tons
> > of data they collect. T think another way to look
> at this would be in
> > terms
> > of finance. If I purchase a piece of software for
> $100 today and I am
> > expected to upgrade the software for next 5 years
> at $20 per year, then I
> > can determine the PV of the upgrades plus the
> $100. That would be the
> > total
> > PV of that piece of software. if I were going to
> lease it, I would want to
> > make sure that the PV of the lease is equal to the
> PV of the purchase and
> > the upgrades.
> >
> > Remy
> >

> > >Hi folks,
> > >Let me welcome you to the group by putting up a
> question which I have
> > been
> > >struggling with for the past few days.
> > >
> > >Many of you in the hi-tech world are probably
> aware that Microsoft has
> > >developed its Services Provider License Agreement
> (SPLA) to sell software
> > >on a pay as you use basis.  this allows
> enterprises or web developers to
> > >subscribe for the software on a monthly basis as
> opposed to paying a huge
> > >upfront cost.  The financial advantages are
> obvious to the consumers,
> > they
> > >get to pay off the software costs as business
> operating expense as
> > opposed
> > >to capital costs.
> > >
> > >My question is around pricing.  Microsoft says
> their software under SPLA
> > >is priced so that customers pay the same amount,
> over the life of the
> > >software,in paying on  a monthly basis, as they
> would have paid
> > >upfront.  Now, how does Microsoft or any other
> software developer be able
> > >to predict the life of a software when technology
> is changing so fast?
> > >
> > >Does anyone have any idea what industry standards
> are?  Does anyone have
> > >any idea on how software could be priced and
> packaged differently.
> > >
> > >Any thoughts, insights will be appreciated.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Kumar Pandey
> > >Chief Operations Officer
> > >Flatburger Inc.
> >

> --
> Kumar Pandey

두 유 야후!?
스팸때문에 짜증나세요? 야후! 메일의 스팸 차단 기술로 메일을 보호합니다
http://mail.yahoo.co.kr