[lally] Re: SPLA

  • From: "Benjamin Hanley" <hanleb2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lally@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:15:13 -0400

Hi Kumar

Regarding the assumption of usable life, it's just an idea, but perhaps you
can do some research on existing software products similar to yours and find
out how much time passed between major upgrades.

Once you have a usable life figure, you might be able to find a ballpark
price by dividing the price of competing products by the usable life figure.
This would help you compare total costs, as Rita suggests.

For example if the usable life is 3 years, and the competitors are charging
$30,000 for a comparable product, you would probably want to price yours at
roughly $10,000 per year.  But of course that depends on how the products
compare, and you may be able to charge more because of the financing
convenience.  Depends on your overall marketing plan.

Good luck

Ben

  _____