[ktap] Re: Greetings

  • From: "zhangwei(Jovi)" <jovi.zhangwei@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ktap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chaoseternal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:44:41 +0800

On 2013/5/23 9:49, Chaos Eternal wrote:
> Do we have a benchmark on this ktap?

Hi Chaos,

Currently there don't have benchmark on ktap, I will add a item into todo list.

I guess you are concern about the overhead or performance of ktap interpreter,
I cannot give you accurate performance number, but long times ago, I tested ktap
performance using sembench, then compare the sembench output number with no ktap
monitoring, the results show that ktap doesn't impact results too much, nearly
5%-10% loss, note that at that time ktap was not optimized.

In future, ktap will take serious on performance, I considered use some JIT
mechanism,
but not decided, just for your information.

Thanks.

.jovi