[kochi_hw_club] New modem !

  • From: "Zaheer Mohamed Kozhakkaniyil" <zaheermk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:13:51 -0500

Hello,

I got myself a replacement for the previous modem. This is Ace (Wipro)
internal modem with Conexant chipset. I'd the impression that it would work
out of the box. But it didn't. As I have only 1 serial port, I assumed the
internal modem will be on /dev/ttyS1 (com 2 port), is'nt that right ? I use
Kppp, it detects the modem on /dev/ttyS1 (it also detects a modem on
/dev/ttyS0 !) but the ATI fiels are blank. The modem straight away goes into
'initializing modem' phase upon 'Connect'ing. Could you please help ?
Zaheer Mohamed Kozhakkaniyil
zaheermk@xxxxxxxxx

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup[1]