[kochi_hw_club] DDR faster

  • From: "anu " <anwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kochi_hw_club@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:09:19 +0500

  Reffering to a mail by bobby.
  A hardware vendor at Ekm had once recommended me
an ASUS A7N8x and a 512Mb DDR ram running at 400Mhz fsb
in the form of two 256Mb in parellel to obtain maximum
performance. Well I really dont know if the 400Mhz fsb
is the same as pc2100Mhz which you said but one thing
is sure that this was showing superb speed. During
a return from hibernation the first thing I see on the
screen is last stage, i.e. it copies around 300-400Mb
in in less than 3 seconds. Well the HDD used was an IBM
Maxtor 80Gb 7200.
  Also almost the same performance  was seen on an
A7V8X with 256Mb single chip and same hdd.
While I herd that A7N8X motherboard was too
costly (around 9000), I saw the price tag around 5000Rs.
But the thing was that the board didnt feature any of the
extra things that my friend had told me like an infrared
support and many extra cables. Also the board didnt have
any display card on it. One good thing is the board features
is support for serial ATA. But hands go up for the A7V8X
which has a via display card and a via chipset audio.

Anwar