[Klamath County Fire Defense Board] Re: Fire Dispatch Script

  • From: 1201ccfems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <klamathcountyfdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:01:19 -0400

Thanks Keith, Keep up the good work. Did you get a chance to look over the newsletter that I sent? Another great way to support Fire & EMS units is to provide Time Accounting for working incidents. This provides important safety parameters for structure collapses in fires as well as Cardiac Arrest and working code guidelines, etc.  Thanks again- Tim

Quoting Keith Endacott :

Good afternoon Chiefs.

As you all know from recent Fire Defense Board meetings we have been evaluating our role as the communications center for Fire and EMS, and looking at areas for improvement.  We are also grateful for the input and assistance in developing further training that we have been receiving from members of FDB.  We are, of course, committed to continuing this process.

We did, however, want to alert all your agencies of a slight change in our Dispatch Script that we will begin to implement August 1st.

This change is meant to help our employees understand and establish our role as communications in ICS, as well as, to assist field units that may have less opportunity to practice it.

We will be adding the phrase "first unit on scene will be 'street name' Command" to our initial dispatch.

We have also added protocol to acknowledge the first unit as that incident command.

Our research and visits to other dispatch centers, have shown this to be effective phrasing and it supports the ICS system.  Please be patient with us as we implement this change -  old habits (scripts) die hard.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Endacott

kendacott@xxxxxxxx

Operations Manager