[klaatumail] Re: King Crimson (no kk)

  • From: "Helie,Robert [NCR]" <Robert.Helie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:04:28 -0400

That means that only the final mono or stereo mix can preserved,
provided one has a turntable to play it back.  I have seen laser
turntables that use a laser to read the grooves on both sides of the
track.  Efficient but it still only preserves the mono/stereo mix.  I
remember you had to ''cook'' many tapes that were only a few decades
old.  So the multi-track aspect remains at risk.

Robert