[klaatumail] Re: Beatles Remasters at Best Buy

  • From: "Helie,Robert [NCR]" <Robert.Helie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:51:14 -0400

At the Archambeault store here, I have see a large coffe table book in a
black case selling for a fortune and which is advertised as a storage
case for the cd's.

I think it is sad to see this over-obvious marketing grab.  It is an
insult to the Beatle's legacy.  I also object to the way they play with
the selling price getting higher and taking advance orders.  It is a
turn off to me.  I have decided to wait for several months before buying
the box set.

I also wonder...who gets all the royalties?  I thought Michael Jackson
had bought the rights.  What do the remaining Beatles get out of this?

Robert