[kismac] non-NS maps (was Suggestion for map interface)

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:55:51 +0200

>Can you not scan & rotate and clip to use an offset map?

If your scanner or imaging software can do: yes. It only takes you a
week to figure out why the mapping feature works so rotten (sorry
Mick, that was my fault, not Kismacs) if you have a map that is not
N-S oriented. I have tried for even longer to enter known points (up
to umpteen decimals) and still found meself walking on the Amsterdam
Canals, nearby lakes or crossing rivers where there were no bridges
when I used a classic city map (rotated clockwise about 30 degrees)
of this town.

As that coincided with a tiny bug in Kismac back then (in the old era
where GPS coordinates were interpreted decimal rather than in minutes
and seconds, or the other way around) it was quite hard to pinpoint
the problem. Mick used proper NS maps so couldn't reproduce the
problem :-\

ard