[kismac]

  • From: Max Barel <max.barel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:08:13 +0100

Hi,
I just subscribed to the list and check the archive before posting. Didn't find my answer.

Since I upgraded to Panther (10.3.1), Kismac is messing up the kextd stuff.
It's complaining that some process is using the airport card when there is no such process. If I force it to load the viha driver anyway it doesn't work neither.

I tried to manually (kext[un]load) unload and reload the airport driver with no problem. I can do it as many times I want and get back the airport driver ok.

If I unload the airport driver before launching Kismac, it's OK. I can use it for one session. I can see the viha (org.theta44.iokit.WLanDriver) in kextstat. When terminating Kismac reload the airport driver, but it's NOT running OK. From now I can't unload the airport driver from command line. System log shows an error about an instance still running. The only way I found to get the airport driver back is to reboot.

I tried both 5e and 7a version. With the 7a Kismac complains if there is no airport driver active at launch and fails.

I also tried to edit Kismac scripts and commented out the [un]loading of airport driver. But this is still the same: when I reload the airport driver after using Kismac, it loads but doesn't work an nevermore unloads until next reboot.

I'm surprised there is no mention of this on the mailing list since there are folks running Panther and Kismac.

Max

Powerbook 15"
airport card (76OO)
Mac OS 10.3.1