[kismac] Re: misc stuff

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:45:52 +1030

I borrowed someone's netgear MA111v1 and it worked fine with KisMAC. Deauthenticate was generating a lot of traffic, and authentication flood (on an open network.. how pointless :)) was as well.
On 27/02/2006, at 4:07 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

I noticed logs don't quite work with the official linksys firmware.
Bummer. The temporary log file doesn't show anything in incoming
traffic. Has anyone else had problems with deauth or authflood?

On 2/26/06, Christoph Koehler <christoph.koehler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, I will check my logs and let you know!

On 2/26/06, Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
May routers will log known attacks if they detect them.  It might be
helpful to see if you router is noticing these attacks.

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

Ah, you are right, that's probably it!
Reinjection seemed to work, although very slowly (which might mean
it's not working at all, I don't know). Kismac told me it's
reinjecting packets. My router was set to b and g, both.
For some reason deauth doesn't work at all. I could only test it with
my router, which is a WRT54GL, so it's pretty new. I have no idea why.
If you guys need me to do some test or so, I will gladly help do that!


On 2/26/06, Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You probably didn't notice an increase in packets while downloading
with your airport extreme because the ae is 802.11g and the usb is
b. Therefore, the b adaptor is not going to be able to catch all of
the packets. I have also noticed that re-injection doesn't seem to
work on a g base station either when using a usb adaptor. I have
used de-authentication successfully though.

On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

Hey guys,

there are a few things I noticed with my dwl 122 card, and I don't
know if they are right or now.
First of all, deauthentication doesn't work, but that might be my
Second, I was downloading a linux iso with my AE card at several
100kb/s, and capturing at the same time with my dwl 122. Traffic
captured did not increase as fast as my actual download speed was. I
don't know if this was caused by using the same machine for both.
Thirdly, authentication flood works in that I see all the bogus
clients in the list, but packet count doesn't really increase
significantly. IV and inj packets stay at 0.

So, I was just wondering if that is normal, or if it's a bug.


Other related posts: