May routers will log known attacks if they detect them. It might be
helpful to see if you router is noticing these attacks.
Geoff On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:
Ah, you are right, that's probably it! Reinjection seemed to work, although very slowly (which might mean it's not working at all, I don't know). Kismac told me it's reinjecting packets. My router was set to b and g, both. For some reason deauth doesn't work at all. I could only test it with my router, which is a WRT54GL, so it's pretty new. I have no idea why. If you guys need me to do some test or so, I will gladly help do that!
On 2/26/06, Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:You probably didn't notice an increase in packets while downloading with your airport extreme because the ae is 802.11g and the usb is b. Therefore, the b adaptor is not going to be able to catch all of the packets. I have also noticed that re-injection doesn't seem to work on a g base station either when using a usb adaptor. I have used de-authentication successfully though.
Geoff On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:
there are a few things I noticed with my dwl 122 card, and I don't know if they are right or now. First of all, deauthentication doesn't work, but that might be my router. Second, I was downloading a linux iso with my AE card at several 100kb/s, and capturing at the same time with my dwl 122. Traffic captured did not increase as fast as my actual download speed was. I don't know if this was caused by using the same machine for both. Thirdly, authentication flood works in that I see all the bogus clients in the list, but packet count doesn't really increase significantly. IV and inj packets stay at 0.
So, I was just wondering if that is normal, or if it's a bug.