[kismac] Re: mapping adhoc meshes

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:22:06 +1030

Ok, what about I write some new find code, to add "type" as a find field, so you can search for type = managed, type = adhoc, type = tunnel etc...

How's that?

We don't mean to kill the ad-hoc mode, whenever something could possibly have disadvantages, you can always switch it off.

On 14/02/2006, at 8:53 AM, sidd wrote:

hi guys.
i am really happy that the project is coming alive again. thanks all together. i am reading this list for quiet a while.
when i just browsed through the repository after trying r83, i read the todo-list, which says that adhoc networks are going to be hidden.
are you sure about that?
i am not a developer so i cannot do it on my own, but maybe a option to toggle the view of networks would be better than hiding adhoc networks by default.
all the freifunk-stuff (http://www.freifunk.net) is meshing in adhoc-mode. its such a fun to map our network with about 70 nodes all over the town.
maybe the todolist in the repository is foobar, or i am misunderstanding something, but please dont let kismac go blind for adho-mode, guys.

sidd