[kismac] mac address change on classic orinoco gold ( 8410-EU )

  • From: Lasse Jespersen <l.j@xxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:33:13 +0200

I use a classic orinoco gold ( 8410-EU ) pccard with the ioxperts driver set. When I attempt to modify the mac address manually thus:
sudo ifconfig en3 ether 10:10:10:10:10:10

I get the usual ( !! ) error that i get with the shit airport driver:
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Operation not supported

I emailed ioxpert support and they had nothing useful to say.

I am quite pleased with the ioxpert driver set - this one thing is just stupid and annoying. How do you guys out there with a ( nearly ) identical card change the mac address?

And which utilities do you use to update the firmware on your cards?

Thanks..

/Lasse