[kismac] Re: little tutorial

  • From: Lasse Jespersen <l.j@xxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:53:32 +0200

you need between 500k and 2m data packets to have a good shot at cracking a wep-enabled network. kismac can do it in a few seconds, faster than aircrack. consider trying out the packet reinjection, though i've never had any success generating traffic with it.
it takes a good while for a generic home-network to generate this much traffic so reinjection may be your only option if you're not 'just pentesting your own'. ask mick for the specifics, i assume he reads all the posts.

you might want to consider improving your english skills before you write said tutorial. if you dont want to do that, get someone to proofread it..

mick: why don't you come on irc?

Den 22/5-2005, kl. 2.36, skrev BendAR:

Hi,
I want to write a little kismac tutorial for people like me, without big wlan knowledge.
Can someone give me some tipps how to crack a wep enabled network? I tried at my own with 128kbit wep key, but I didn't got it.
How I can see which encryption is used?

best regards

BendAR

--

Canst thou give unto thyself thy bad and thy good, and set up thy will as a law over thee? Canst thou be judge for thyself, and avenger of thy law?

Terrible is aloneness with the judge and avenger of one's own law. Thus is a star projected into desert space, and into the icy breath of aloneness.

-- Nietzsche, 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'