[kismac] Re: kismac r51 subversion binary (2nd try)

  • From: Michael Ellsworth <ellswm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:13:41 -0500

yeah, I don't have any GPS thing plugged in at all. And it's not when I quit KisMAC, it's when I restart or shutdown after quitting. Like, it'll run fine, but I can't use my airport card unless I restart, because it says that I don't have an airport card installed.

mike
On Jan 17, 2005, at 5:36 PM, Robin L Darroch wrote:

That's a kernel panic... and no, it's never happened to me on quitting KisMAC. However, it is something I've noticed can happen if I do funny things with my GPS. I run my GPS through gpsd, which I find really improves a lot of things, but it does give me a very reliable way to cause a kernel panic: make sure gpsd is running, plug in the GPS (USB), close my iBook to put it to sleep, unplug the GPS, open the iBook again. I'd say about 30-50% of the time that will wake up to a kernel panic. However, I've not had any issues with panic on exit. My guess is your kernel panic is GPS related... try experimenting with having it connected or not, and plugging/unplugging it at different times: see if it affects the kernel panic behaviour.