[kismac] kismac crash/hang

  • From: "John Lauck" <notjohnwork@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:48:28 -0500

I collected roughly 2 mil packets with kismac and running the wep crack (the
"both" option) it hangs and sometimes crashes my whole machine.
I'm trying the same .kismac file on the new .03c version.
Has anyone else had similar results?  Also what exactly does the .kismac
file save?  (The .kismac I've been trying to run the wep crack on is only
~10 mb.
Last question, if I had a computer that is allowed on a wlan (the wep code
has been stored on the machine)  and another computer not allowed on the
network.  I'm wondering if I save a pcap file from the machine allowed on
the wlan, can i load that into kismac and then use the wep crack to figure
out the wep code?

john