[kismac] Re: help connecting to a peculiar network

  • From: Piotr Malecki <maleckip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:28:15 -0400

Hi,

VPN, hostname restrictions.

Piotr

On 10-Sep-06, at 7:03 PM, Farmer Booty wrote:

I've found a network I'd like to use that doesn't use WEP or WPA
encryption and broadcasts its SSID. I couldn't connect normally so I
concluded it's using MAC address filtering. Passively scanning the
network I recorded several client MAC addresses on that network. Later
when those clients have disconnected I've spoofed the MAC on my Mac to
each of these recorded MAC addresses. But I still cannot connect. What
am I overlooking?

cheers,

/bf