[kismac] gpsd and kismac - bug?

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:57:25 +1030

I have gpsd version 2.31 (the latest), and KisMac r99. Does anyone else get KisMac disconnecting from gpsd after a fair while? When I go "Reset GPS Subsystem" it reconnects and is fine.

However, I tried with a netcat session to gpsd, and that exhibited the same behavior, getting cut off at the same time as KisMac, so I think this is a bug in gpsd. We could include some code to attempt a reconnection to gpsd if the connection was dropped, and then display an error if we can't. I'll work on it.