[kismac] Re: concatenating DumpFiles for use with other pcap tools

  • From: "Kevin Bringard" <comandercool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:28:06 -0800

Look into mergecap:

http://www.ethereal.com/docs/man-pages/mergecap.1.html

Its part of Ethereal (I guess now called wireshark)

-- Kevin

On 3/8/07, Farmer Booty <bootyfarm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

I'm just now tinkering with using kismac dump files in tools outside
kismac. I've been capturing weak frames over several days from several
of my employer's AP points. Kismac of course creates new dumpfiles
each time it's stopped and re-started. I would like to concatenate
those files into a single, pcap compatible file for use with the linux
version of aircrack. While the boss has been impressed our keys
survived the weak scheduling, wordlist and newsham attacks, he wants
to see exactly how long it will take to bruteforce -on a very large
farm. It's going to be fun.

My question: since `cat DumpFile* > bigDumpFile` doesn't actually
produce a valid pcap file, how do I properly create this unified file?

tia

/bf