[kismac] Re: Wirelessmac on Panther (FAO Antoine)

  • From: Jim Stewart <jim.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:36:14 +0100

Have had no problems with scanning under panther using various kismac versions and airport and orinoco cards

On tiger, the beta6 version of wireless driver works for me (but wont allow mac changing) and scanning works fine in kismac. Again all with orinoco card rather than prism 2
On 21 Aug 2005, at 18:25, Java Nut wrote:

Hi Jim Stewart,

Can you tell me, did Kismac work well for you for scanning for networks in Panther? Which version were you using?

Do you have any experience in Tiger with Kismac, Wireless Driver, and Wireless Mac?

I would like to know for my Guide to Prism 2/2.5 cards that I am about to post on the wiki and I am hoping I can fill in a few holes in the draft I sent to the list before posting to the wiki.

My experience was on panther 10.3.3 on a Tibook, I think the way that it worked for me was that I could insert the card and not have it set up in network preferences, I could then set the MAC with the wireless mac utility and then set it up in network preferences. I seem to remember that network preferences always showed the original mac address but I used it to get onto both my own and other mac adress limited networks so I definatly had it working. It didnt always seem to work properly all the time but I did have it work!
Jim