[kismac] Re: Wireless Link

  • From: Chris Weiss <chris.weiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:15:36 -0700

WRT a high-gain antenna. It sounds like you're on a budget - I've seen
a couple of projects where people have converted
DirecTV/Dish/Primestar dishes to high-gain directional antennas. If
you're in a neighborhood where people are moving frequently, you can
bet there's a couple sitting in garages waiting for the next yard
sale.

You might give that a try - I'd be curious to hear your results.

http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html is a
pretty good link, Google's got plenty more.