[kismac] Re: Wireless Equipment

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:19:46 +0800

I checked the list before buying d-link DWL-122 and it doesn't work at all...

In what way does the DWL-122 not work for you? I've been using a DWL-122 for passive scanning in KisMAC very successfully for a long time. I haven't really had the chance to test packet reinjection yet. I wouldn't dream of using a USB adaptor for actual wireless connectivity, so can't say as to how well (or otherwise) DLink support the use of such adapters under OS X.

My configuration and experience so far:

12" iBook G4 800MHz
Airport Extreme not used with KisMAC (no luck with passive - fails to load driver, system needs reboot to use for networking again)
DLink DWL-122 USB used for passive scanning
Holux GM-210 USB GPS running through gpsd 2.30 (patched)

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx