[kismac] Re: What in the world is going on? (Fake AP attack?)

  • From: Theodore <theodore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 23:11:00 -0500

a good properly done fakeap should have a different SSID, mac, and channel every .25 seconds.. it even tries to change the output power.

Theo

Galen wrote:

Perhaps I will need to go and do some knocking at places with patios! :)

Anyone else have experience with these fake APs? Any chance KisMAC could have some kind of immunity or grouping - all APs under one SSID as "one"?

Also, I forgot to mention that the AP didn't really change channels, as you can see from the .kismac file. It's all channel 10.

-Galen