[kismac] Re: Weak Scheduling Attack runs infinitely?

  • From: "Nick Horton" <nwhorton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:11:34 +0200

Yes I'm aware it takes longer than a few minutes...however the attack's
progress bar shows zero progress.  I let it run for about 2 hours last night
and the bar never moved...I would think it should have by that time right?

I was messing with the weak scheduling attack on 104 bit encryption and I
got it to send a failure message with a fudge factor of 2...however when I
increased the fudge factor to 4 I got no response and I allowed it to check
over 400,000 keys.

I guess I'm still looking for a way to be sure of which encryption to attack
with weak scheduling...maybe it would be good to know what response to
expect when doing a 40-bit weak scheduiling attack against a 104-bit
encrypted network...will it fail immediately?  will it run infinitely with
no response?

I'm trying not go get discouraged, but with about 600,000 IVs from a WEP
network I was expecting just a glimmer of hope that I might be close to
cracking this thing....

On 7/20/06, themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It takes longer than a few minutes. It's 2^40 possible keys.

On 19/07/2006, at 4:21 PM, Nick Horton wrote:

Haha, ok I can try that.  Whenever I try the bruteforce crack the progress
bar doesnt even move.  It's so discouraging I just cancel it after a few
minutes every time.  I'll give your suggestion a try though...