[kismac] Re: WANTED (dead or alive)

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:51:54 +0200

> OK, as for other reports, this version now works on my iBook.
> Interestingly, the first time I ran it I lost Airport after the
> program quit. So I spent some time dicking around with various things
> but could never get the airport back. Then I ran Kismac again, and
> this second time I got airport back. Weird. I have no idea if the
> things I did made a difference or whether it was just time to get it
> back.
>
> Otherwise, I have these two suggestions:
>
> 1) Can we have a feature to save the admin password somewhere so I
> don't have to reenter it every time I launch?

mmh i do not believe this is good idea. and actually it is not kismac,
which asks for the password, but the security subsystem of macos x.
kismac used to do this in another way (which would have allowed the
saving, but it has been way too insecure). i will sleep over this, but
i guess it would cause a lot of headaches...

> 2) Can we have a pref = "yes, override the driver load, I know the
> dangers"? ... most often accomplished with a "don't show this dialog
> again" checkbox.

i ll do that for the next version...

mick