[kismac] Re: USB unload

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:31:14 +0100

On 2. Mar 2004, at 5:38 Uhr, Pat Heidingsfelder wrote:

I have a question about doing a kext unload. I have figured out, using USB monitor by granted software, that OS X IS loading my garmin via the usb. While running the USB monitor, and turing on the gps It says IOUSBvendorspecificdevice. I have had to do a sudo kextunload on the wireless drive to allow kismac to take over, I tried doing the same thing to the IOUSBfamily.kext, but it failed. any advice? Where else could I go for help?

the usb monitor shows all attached device, whether there is a driver or not. you will need some garmin driver to enable kismac to use your device. some kextunload wont help you, since kismac does not have own drivers for the GPS devices only for WLAN cards.

mick